As an Individual
- Take action in the Week of Online Action to #FreeThemAll4PublicHealth, 26 March to 3 February
- Educate yourself about the prison industrial complex, the harm it causes and abolitionist strategies. Find some recommended resources here.
- Get in touch with a local group. Find your nearest here.
- Contact companies profiting from the prison industrial complex. Find their details here.
- Get in touch with CAPE about how to best use your skills: email@example.com. You may be a social media expert, graphic designer, researcher, film maker and so forth – anything you can offer will be a huge help to this grassroots campaign network.
Organising with Others
Start a local group in your area to campaign against prison expansion. You can see existing local groups here. CAPE can support you to get started.
Things you can do as a group:
- Organise public meetings and events in your area
- Demonstrate at the offices of companies profiting from prison expansion, especially the North Wales Prison
- Organise fundraising events & activities
- Organise transport and encourage people to get to national demos and actions against prison expansion, such as the regular demonstrations at Detention Centres
- Undertake actions as a group, think creatively and be inspired by campaigns around the world. For example in Brussels, they occupied a site where the state want to build a ‘Maxi-prison’ and planted potatoes. They have done extensive actions against the project since and effectively halted it.